Robbery at Oshakati, twin suicides in Ohangwena


THE police in Oshana are seeking public assistance in the arrest of a group of men who robbed a pharmacy in Oshakati on Sunday.

According to Oshana police, four men entered a pharmacy at the Etango complex in downtown Oshakati on Sunday afternoon pretending to be clients, took a cashbox consisting of N 000 and cellphones from all those inside.

online pharmacy order estrace online with best prices today in the USA

According to Oshana police spokesman Inspector Thomas Aiyambo, one brave customer managed to clandestinely escape to his car where he retrieved his firearm and started firing at the robbers. However, the robbers shot back at him and he retreated.

“They kidnapped a taxi driver at gunpoint forcing him to drive them to safety.

online pharmacy buy keflex with best prices today in the USA

The taxi driver was pushed out of the car a few metres from where the incident happened,” Aiyambo said. The thieves allegedly drove in the direction of Oneshila and the car was found abandoned in that location with the empty cashbox inside.

The value of the cellphones is not yet determined and investigations are ongoing.

Meanwhile two suicides were reported in Ohangwena region over the weekend. On Saturday evening at around 22h00 Wilhelm Hishipolai Shidute (28), hanged himself in his sleeping room with a rope.

online pharmacy order xtandi online with best prices today in the USA

The incident happened at Oshali sha Shitongeni village in Ondobe constituency. No foul play is suspected and next of kin has been informed whilst an autopsy is pending.

On Sunday morning between 07h00 and 10h00, a major in the Namibian Defence Force (NDF) who was based at Keetmanshoop committed suicide by hanging at Oikoto village in Ongenga constituency.

Jonas Mboti (58) allegedly hanged himself with a steel wire in his sleeping room.

online pharmacy buy amoxil with best prices today in the USA

It is said Mboti called some relatives alluding to his intentions of ending his life. However, by the time the relatives arrived at his house, he had already taken his life.

Next of kin has been informed and police suspects no foul play. His body was transported to the Engela state hospital for a post mortem.